March 29, 2007

It's only 6:30 in the morning but I can tell today is bound to be a strange day. It is snowing like crazy outside (7.5" since midnight) - one of those "surprise" snows that the weather forecasters didn't anticipate. That's par for the course here - especially in March. What is strange to me is that the local news is playing "Let it Snow" as they go to, & come back from commercial. Am I the only one who thinks that is a Christmas song? Every time I've heard it this morning I've had to remind myself Christmas has passed and it isn't December.

I've been on a sample binge lately. I have no idea why - I have enough art supplies to outlast the Monarchy...but it sure has been fun to collect all these little treasures! For example, I found the only British company that produces handmade wallpaper - and they offer samples. So I ordered some. I kind of thought they wouldn't send them to me since I am in the US - but they did. The "samples" arrived in yesterday's mail and WOW! 8.5" x 11" sheets of hand-stamped wallpaper in beautiful shades and hues. Running your hand along the wallpaper you can feel the painted designs - they are gently raised. It's beautiful! Between the wallpaper, the floor tiles and counter top samples I've accumulated I could almost build a house! I can't wait to get started working with these.

Studio still isn't finished. (I know - shock! Don't fall over from extreme surprise.) I've made tons of progress even if things almost look worst because of it. I suppose that's bound to happen - you have to lay everything out and clean it before organizing it again and putting it away. The boys have been sleeping in their room for about a week now - which is heavenly! They still have a monstrous mess in my living room but that will come in time. My first priority remains putting my studio together! I'm going to focus on that again today.

I got everything mailed out for my trades yesterday. That was an experience! I didn't know it was so expensive to mail beads! I already received the purse handles, hardware and metal tags from one of the people I traded with. I hope the people I traded with are happy with their new stuff - I know I can't wait to play with my new stuff!

There's a lot to be done today so I'm going to get busy. The fun never seems to end!

0 Royal Responses:

Post a Comment

Welcome! I will respond to comments here, in order to keep the discussion going. I try to return the love with a visit/comment to your blog.

Go ahead - flap your gums! What's the skinny?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please Vote

Dream Boogie

Dream Boogie with SARK

Unbelievable Awards

Check This Out