The Creative Bug

Like I was talking about in my last post, I came across two things I'd done lately but hadn't posted. Since I took the pictures in the middle of the night they are terrible...but hey. I can't be perfect all the time. ;)



This is a small box I bought unfinished. I got it at Hobby Lobby for $2.00! The knob from the middle drawer was knocked off - but it was still with the box. I painted that also - I just haven't attached it yet. It's hard to tell, the box is navy blue and I doodled dotted swirls with teal paint around the sides and back. The top rim has more doodles in teal, yellow, pink, purple and silver, with the inside of the top decoupaged with torn denim-colored paper.

The top portion of the box is a little dotted floral border; the top drawer is purple with flowers painted on the right side; the middle drawer is pink with coordinating dots; the bottom drawer is yellow with a different dotted pattern; and the bottom support of the box is squiggled and dotted with the same paints. The knobs are painted teal with different designs on them. This will be a great little storage box for my desk - perfect for ephemera, loose beads and odds-&-ends.



This is a picture I painted on foam core board. It actually goes lengthwise - imagine it flipped 1/4 turn counter-clockwise. I couldn't edit it that way because it cut the top of the painting off. I call it "Dreamy"...it's an abstract woman. (Again, imagine it!) I had a lot of fun painting this - it only took me a few minutes and I used liquid acrylics. Once it was dry I took a black Sharpie and doodled swirls, flowers, dots and various geometric patterns all over it. It's finished with glossy acrylic medium. It's really fun in person - I wish the picture captured the shine and details better.

0 Royal Responses:

Post a Comment

Welcome! I will respond to comments here, in order to keep the discussion going. I try to return the love with a visit/comment to your blog.

Go ahead - flap your gums! What's the skinny?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please Vote

Dream Boogie

Dream Boogie with SARK

Unbelievable Awards

Check This Out