It Doesn't Get Any Better!!


The Queen, Diva-in-Training and Best Friend at lunch after Diva-in-Training's kindergarten graduation

Sometimes things happen and we can't explain them. In my case this is usually not good news. For some reason my life follows Murphy's Law - anything that can go wrong, will. I don't want it like that - and I've even joined a Yahoo! group a friend of mine runs in hopes of changing my thought patterns.

If you've followed my blog (and really, who hasn't??) you know that best friend has been in a coma since last August. (For more on that, click on the title of this entry and it will link you to past entries about this subject.) She's been very ill and I had kind of accepted that this was it. Her condition forced me to admit I probably wouldn't get to see her again - and I know this has contributed largely to my depression. She is absolutely my best friend - there are so many times I don't know what I would have done without her. She's amazing...and I hope everyone has one friend like her at some point in life. She is the kind of friend whose presence changes your life for the better.

I haven't written about her in a long time - mostly because the details of what was going on were personal and I wasn't comfortable sharing them in this forum. I've stayed in contact with her doctor and he's kept me up-to-date on her condition. I knew she had made small steps of progress over the last few months - but I was carefully optimistic. I tried very hard to balance my enthusiasm with reality. However, my heart couldn't help but jump every time I heard she'd done something the doctors said she would never do again.

Well...I got online this morning to check email and saw a note from her doctor. This isn't surprising in itself - we communicate as often as his hectic schedule will allow. But this was different - the subject of the email? "Good News". I couldn't get the computer to open that email fast enough.

Are you ready for this?? Best friend has begun breathing on her own and will be moved out of ICU today. YES, TODAY. Those are all the details his email contained - but I'll take what I can get! Of course I quickly wrote him back begging for more information - can I call her? Will she be returning "home" (to our city)? When do I get to talk to her??

I can't tell you what good news this is! This is AWESOME! I can't believe it. I'm actually speechless - which never happens!

I was originally going to post about a new technique I invented last night - but wasn't going to give details away about it until I could play with it a little more today and then post pictures with my new methodology. The invention of a new technique seems very...bland!...in comparison with the news I got though. So I've done a "double" post - the celebration of best friend's incredible progress AND the announcement of a new technique. WOW! What a day!

1 Royal Responses:

Aileen said...

I'm so happy to read about your friend what awesome news!! I can only imagine how happy you must be!!

Thank you for the wonderful comments you left on my blog!!

I was curious how you got my picture on your blog?!? ;-)

Yes, you do need to take some time to create it will do you a world of good get the duct tape out and tape the kids together and tell them its a new game to see who can get unstuck LOL

Big hugs to you and your friend!!!

Post a Comment

Welcome! I will respond to comments here, in order to keep the discussion going. I try to return the love with a visit/comment to your blog.

Go ahead - flap your gums! What's the skinny?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please Vote

Dream Boogie

Dream Boogie with SARK

Unbelievable Awards

Check This Out